Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just something yummy . . . .

thin mint truffles
It is rare that I post anything other than a little daily dose of encouragement, but if this isn't pure joy, I don't know what is!! I came across this recipe over at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen, and when I saw it, I remembered the box of Thin Mints that I had in the freezer, and thought these looked not only yummy, but pretty. Not to mention that I wanted to do something with those cookies other than sitting down with the whole sleeve and eating them one after another. So I made these for St. Patrick's Day to share with my friends. These little guys are delicious! . . . . I hope my friends think so too!

Thin Mint Truffles

9 oz. box of Thin Mints
4 oz. (1/2 block) cream cheese, softened
Dark chocolate almond bark or dark chocolate candy melts
Nonpareils

Crush the Thin Mints very finely. You can do this by placing them in a large Ziploc bag and rolling them with a rolling pin, or use your food processor, which is what I did.

Once they are crushed, pour them in a large bowl and add the cream cheese. You can just mix it up with a wooden spoon, but for best results, use your hands. Work the cream cheese and cookie crumbs together until it's thoroughly combined and the cream cheese is no longer visible.

Roll into 1 inch balls, place on wax paper lined baking sheet, and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.

Melt dark chocolate, and using a toothpick, dip truffles completely and twirl to allow the excess to drip off. Place back on lined baking sheet and sprinkle with nonpareils before they begin to set. Refrigerate until firm.

Makes about 24 truffles.



Happy St. Patrick's Day!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers

Blog Archive