Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Giving, without expectations . . . .

Have you ever received an anonymous gift? As much as I love anonymous gift giving, I'm always taken back when I receive one! It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it warms my heart. I received one yesterday and I'm already excited to do the same for someone else. It's such a simple, gratifying thing to do! Would you like to join me? Let's deliver holiday smiles through the act of giving......without expecting anything in return. When you give with the full intention of expecting nothing in return, you receive the ultimate reward....knowing that, on that day, you made one person a little happier. How great is that? What a perfect day to be able to do something for someone who cannot repay you, simply because they have no idea who to repay! Give because you want to, and for no other reason. Do it because it feels good. Henry Drummond once said that as you look back on your life, the moments that will stand out are the moments when you have done things for others. 

"Think of giving,
not as a duty,
but as a privilege."

-John D. Rockefeller, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers