Thursday, April 12, 2012

Manhattan bound . . . .

If my flight's on time, I'll be in New York for happy hour! This is one city that inspires and energizes me to no end. There is inspiration on every corner, and I'm planning on bringing plenty of it home with me. I always go with my eyes and my mind wide open. You'll miss out if you don't!

As soon as I drop off my bags, I'm heading straight to Acme, a new restaurant on Great Jones Street that replaces a Southern and Cajun restaurant of the same name. My son is a bartender here (second from left), and I'm hearing they are turning out some seriously impressive Scandinavian food. Can't wait to check it out.
Photo by Matt Dutile

And I'm so exited to be staying at 
Sister to The Standard on the Highline, this new Standard offers big city views in a cozy, residential setting. It comes with complimentary bikes that I'll definitely be using to ride to The Standard Grill on the West side for a delicious breakfast. Honestly, I don't mean to make it sound like this trip is all about the food, but I'd be lying if I told you that it's not a big part of it. 

I am going without much of plan, and I love it that way. Being spontaneous in a city like New York is the best. I wander. And wandering is when I find the most inspiration. I choose to roam through the city of ooh's and ahh's without an agenda. I'll let you know what I find this time. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the white linen at the hotel you are staying at. Very nice, upgraded quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ajlounyinjurylaw......the linens were fabulous! They were definitely high quality.....pure white, soft & luxurious!! Both the bed and linens were a sumptuous retreat after being on our feet all day. : )

    ReplyDelete

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers