Friday, September 18, 2009

How 'bout a hug? . . . .

The New York Times has reported that in the United States "the hug has become the favorite social greeting when teenagers meet or part these days." I'm smiling just thinking about that! I'm a hugger, so that just warms my heart to know that hugs are on the rise. Most humans enjoy contact, although I do know that it is very uncomfortable for some. A hug can be the ultimate sign of trust, so some like to reserve hugging for family, friends or lovers. By hugging someone, you remind them that you care about them and support them. Personally, I think it is a wonderful way to express affection. I do, however, pay close attention to the receiver's responsiveness. It only takes a second to determine if they are receptive to hugging or not. I believe you don't have to smother them, but giving someone a meaningful squeeze shows that you appreciate them, and can help foster closer relationships.

"A hug is a handshake from the heart."
-Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers