Friday, January 29, 2010

Adventures for the body, mind & spirit . . .

When my new workout clothes arrived at my door last week, I found a postcard slipped inside the package that instantly captured my attention. It was an advertisement for a women's retreat, and when I saw the tag line...'Adventures for the body, mind & spirit', I found myself putting the clothes down so I could read more about this intriguing trip that I immediately envisioned myself booking. It's called Women's Quest, and is described as 'retreats that combine physical, mindful and spirit-filled activities with amazing adventures that encourage personal awareness, self-confidence and self-expression." I thought....I'm in!! This is my kind of adventure! Hopping on their website and reading further, it said "Retreats are held in some of the most beautiful places on earth, immersing you in gorgeous landscapes, and giving rise to a variety of activities to spark your senses, revitalize your body, and soothe your soul. Comfortable accommodations, inspirational talks, expert instruction, and healthy, delicious meals, combined with massage, yoga, and creative activities round out each retreat." Definitely my kind of vacation.

The 2010 list of locations is pretty impressive, from several sites in Colorado, to California, to Mexico, Hawaii & Tuscany, Italy. I am intrigued with the "La Dolce Vita Tuscany Cycling Adventure" that is in the fall. It is described as seeing Italy in a whole new light. Further descriptions read..."From the shimmering Mediterranean Sea to the rolling hills and ancient villages, we'll absorb the essence of Tuscany and allow our senses to run wild. We cycle quiet back roads through the Tuscan wine country, visit magnificent medieval villages, discover the best gelato and cappuccino stops, hike along the shimmering Mediterranean sea, enjoy daily yoga, savor the freshest local cuisine, learn to prepare authentic dishes from local cooks, taste the finest wines, olive oils, and cheeses together with the families that produce them, and experience true Tuscan hospitality and local color in all aspects of this unique, women's only retreat." (By the way, there is Co-Ed Tuscany tour as well.)

So I'm thinking I should round up a few friends, and dive in to this amazing adventure. However, at $3,500 per person, this is one adventure that will most likely not happen this year. Nevertheless, I do believe that this should be on my list of goals. I'm thinking a goal without a plan is merely a wish, so I definitely need a plan. (An easier objective might be to pick one of the other adventures at less than half the cost, but oh my goodness...doesn't the Italian excursion sound wonderful?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers

Blog Archive