Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Completely awesome . . . .


The video below was recorded on the Bob & Tom Show when Ingrid Michaelson stopped by to talk about her gigs with The Dave Matthews Band, and to play this special rap remix version of the hit song, which has been featured on Grey's Anatomy & Old Navy ads.  But here is the real reason why I am posting this today!  You often hear about "karma", serendipity, or things happening that you can't explain, etc., and I apologize if this story is too detailed, but here's what happened yesterday...........

I woke up in the morning, still groggy, eyes closed, with one of Ingrid Michaelson's songs playing over and over in my head.  It's called "The Way I Am," and is just a sweet, sweet song.  I have no explanation as to why it was in my head because I hadn't heard it in quite some time. Later in the day, I was on my way to the market to shop for dinner that evening, and for some reason, I decided at the last minute to turn a different direction, and shop at a store that I never go to. Once in the store, I ran into a friend whom, once again, I hadn't seen or heard from in quite some time. And by the way, she also told me that she never shops at this store.  As we were chatting she happened to mention that she was heading out soon to one of our neighborhood bars to hear this singer by the name of Ingrid Michaelson, who  happened to be putting on a free concert in just a few hours. I was completely surprised! I had this song playing in my head all day, and here she was in my neighborhood?  Long story short.........I went to see her. Had I not made the decision to shop at a different store, I wouldn't have run into my friend, nor would I have known that Ingrid Michaelson would be performing that night. So needless to say, I ended my day the way it began, listening to the sweet voice of this singer that I had woken up to that very morning. So call it coincidental, just a fluke, karma or whatever you like, but I'll call it  completely awesome.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers