Shall we make a new rule? How about.....Always try to be a little kinder than is necessary. I promise, it's not that hard. Some people might respond to that saying, "I'm busy. I don't have time to go out of my way", or "It's just the toll booth operator.....I only have 10 seconds with the guy. What kind of difference can I make?" Well, for one, you can plan ahead. If you know you're going to be traveling, and passing through a toll booth, as you hand the guy your $1.25, hand him a package of life savers with a smile and tell him to enjoy. Or be kind to the guy behind you, and pay his way. Five minutes later when he catches up with you, you'll get a nice smile and a wave from him as he thanks you. Now there's a warm fuzzy for you. There are so many ways in which you can be the highlight of someone's day.
- If you're headed to the grocery store, call your neighbor to see if they need anything.
- Be extra generous with a tip when you've experience good service.
- If you're making zucchini bread, make an extra batch and share it with someone.
- Put a coin in an expired parking meter.
- Buy donuts for your co-workers.
"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit."
Be someone's highlight today!