Wednesday, January 11, 2012

End-of-the-day questions . . . .

Asking ourselves questions and answering them honestly is something we can all do to understand ourselves better, and to help us realize that we can do SOMETHING every day to make the world a better place. But sometimes we get all wrapped up in our own little world.....walking through our day with blinders on. It doesn't take a lot. Asking ourselves these simple questions can help bring awareness as to how we are spending our day. Are we doing what we can to be kind? To forgive? To try a little harder? Below is a quiz from Dr. Leo Buscaglia's book Born for Love that will help point out ways in which you can show more love to others. Remember, you can re-take this quiz any time. This is one quiz you can never fail!

Is anyone a little happier because I came along today?
Yes___ No___

Did I leave any concrete evidence of my kindness, any sign of my love?
Yes___ No___

Did I try to think of someone I know in a more positive light?
Yes___ No___

Did I help someone to feel joy, to laugh, or at least, to smile?
Yes___ No___

Have I attempted to remove a little of that rust that is corroding my relationships?
Yes___ No___

Have I gone through the day without fretting over what I don't have and celebrating the things I do have?
Yes___ No___

Have I forgiven others for being less than perfect?
Yes___ No___

Have I forgiven myself?
Yes___ No___

Have I learned something new about life, living or love?
Yes___ No___

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around."
-Leo F. Buscaglia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers