Friday, January 6, 2012

Too much stuff . . . .

I'm in the process of collecting winter coats right now for my favorite local charity, and as I'm cleaning out my closet, I'm asking myself, "how much stuff do we really need?" We tell ourselves that we might need it someday, but that "someday" never comes. I mean honestly, if we don't absolutely love it, or if it doesn't serve a purpose, why are we hanging on to these things? So I've made a decision. I'm going to spend the first quarter of 2012 getting rid of things in my home that I will no longer need "someday." 

So, I'm heading into my kitchen this weekend to get rid of any small appliances that I no longer use, all those plastic food containers, (I've switched to all glass anyway), pots, pans, dishes or cookbooks that are just sitting on the shelf. I mean, really.......I go online to search for recipes! I don't need all those cookbooks! 


I want to live lean and clean! I want to simplify, and I can feel my mind clearing already!

Are you overwhelmed with too much stuff? 

"The ability to simplify 
means to eliminate the unnecessary 
so that the necessary may speak."
-Hans Hofmann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers