Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crossing the finish line . . . .


I've been busy the past several weeks with a project that had a deadline, and I managed to finish today. Don't you just love the feeling of accomplishment? I get such a sense of satisfaction with completion. It tends to give me the inspiration that I need for the next project. I often wonder how I would do if I didn't have a deadline? I have a paperweight on my desk that reads, "the ultimate inspiration is the deadline." I love deadlines! I need deadlines! I'm thinking I should begin to self-impose deadlines for things like, . . . . . laundry! The laundry is due at 4:00, or, or,....you're fired!

If you're feeling unproductive today, take a baby step toward something that has been left undone in your life. The progression you make will motivate you to continue. The important thing is to simply begin.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I get to be the first to say... I MISSED YOU! It is so true about taking baby steps. Just had a garage sale and I feel very free! I love you and I am glad you are back to inspire the masses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I tend to work best and be at my most creative and productive under a deadline...especially a time crunch? Why is that!? Guess the adrenaline gets pumping...and that would be pretty remarkable if I could get pumped about laundry! :)
    Great blog and love the pigs!

    ReplyDelete

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers