Thursday, November 19, 2009

New York City bound . . . .



I am off to Manhattan, and should arrive just about the time the sun sets. I am really looking forward to a fun weekend! I always try to hit all my favorite spots, and add a few new ones while I'm there. A couple of my stops include Ralph Lauren on Madison Avenue.

"To me, it's the most beautiful store in the world: the details, the world it creates, the mix, the textures. It's a store that has an emotional impact. I've watch so many people come into it and be dazzled when they enter."
- Ralph Lauren

Ralph Lauren - Madison Ave.

Another stop for me is the Apple Store in which I try to pop in for a class or two. The Fifth Avenue store is stunning. It is an underground store, which is marked by a 32-foot street-level glass cube, and is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.


Apple Store exterior - 5th Avenue

Apple Store interior - 5th Avenue

I have so many favorite places in SoHo and The West Village. They are two of my favorite neighborhoods, and it's a perfect way to spend an afternoon wandering around, taking in the coffee shops, wine bars, restaurants & boutiques. A few of my favorites are Po' on Cornelia St., a tiny quaint pastisserie called Ceci Cela on Spring Street, i tre merli on 10th Street, and in Union Square, I will always order the Pad Thai at Spice.


Po' restaurant - Cornelia Street in The West Village

Ceci-Cela Patisserie - Spring Street in SoHo

i tre Merli - 10th Street in The West Village


Spice - 13th Street in Union Square

4 comments:

  1. I love the apple store. It's cool and sleek. Enjoy being in the city for the weekend.
    I don't know if you like tea..this is a beautiful place if you want to check out if you have time. It's right around Union Square.
    http://www.innatirving.com/default.aspx?pg=dining-mendls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Shell! I love recommendations! I drink tea just about every afternoon, so I will definitely look for this place. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anonymous! Visit as often as you like!

    ReplyDelete

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers

Blog Archive