Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Face your fears . . . .

I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to the water.  I love looking at it, but getting in it has not been the easiest thing for me to do ever since I had a water skiing accident when I was in my late teens. I had on a life vest that was too big for me, and when I went down, the vest rose up my body and was floating on the surface, which left one of the straps wrapped around my neck, leaving me trapped under water. I came to the conclusion that I was a goner, although I never stopped fighting with that stupid vest. It finally came loose and I surfaced. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time OUT of the water after that! But hey, you can't let a little near-death experience stop you from getting back in the saddle, right? Check out the photo below. (I'm the third one back on the right.) Not only did I know this crazy trip would require me to get back in the water, but damn, I knew if I fell off this raft, I may have to fight for my life again!  I made sure my life vest was one size too small, and it was so tightly wrapped around my body I could hardly breathe! Not only that, but I bruised my feet because I had them tucked so tight underneath a strap across the bottom of this little boat, just for extra stability. Sometimes I can hardly believe I did it. But I did, and I literally never stopped laughing. It was so much fun, extremely exhilarating, and an adventure that I would have missed out on had I not said "what the hell." Do you have a fear? Do you realize that if you were able to conquer it, you may enjoy life a bit more fully? Don't let your fears hold you back from living a life full of adventure. For me......letting go of my fear of water (at least for a little while) allowed me to enjoy one unforgettable ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers

Blog Archive