Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do you want to be remembered? . . .

A friend of mine lost a family member over the weekend which sparked a thought about leaving a legacy. I'm not referring to a financial legacy. I'm talking about an expression of your personal values, priorities and intentions, and what kind of impact it would have on your family and friends. Have you thought about what stories your loved ones will tell about you after you've gone?  What kind of significant meaning do you think you'll pass on to those you leave behind? We all want to live a life that matters. When I think about all the people I have known that have passed, there are several who have touched my life in such a way that their legacy actually acts as a guide for me.  With one person in particular, I am reminded of his courage, what it took for him to face everyday obstacles, and how he did it with such grace. With another, I think of how it was no effort for her to put others first. It came naturally for her, and she wouldn't have had it any other way. These people made such a lasting impression on me, that it has helped determine MY actions. That is a wonderful contribution! Personally, I feel that if you can put something in the world that wasn't there before; particularly something that could possibly make a difference in the lives of others, then you are well on your way to leaving a meaningful legacy. We worry about a lot of things in this life that ultimately don't matter, and today I'm just reminded to think about the things that do.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely post Connnie, it made me stop and think, thank you x

    ReplyDelete

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers

Blog Archive