Let's just say that you were given the chance to go anywhere in the world, money is not an issue, and you're leaving tomorrow ......... where would you go? If you could throw caution to the wind, would you jet set to the South of France, Tahiti or Morocco? New York City, Hawaii or Greece? If you're a foodie, maybe it's Rome where you can indulge in fresh-made pasta & sauces, or enjoy amazing pizza.
Please don't think that these types of vacations only happen to others. Living the life of your dreams is for YOU just as much as it is for the next person! But first you have to stop the negative thoughts such as "It'll never happen." Listen....you can't reach a goal that you don't have! Decide that you can make your dream vacation a reality, and start today. Set the goal and work towards it. I promise, IT CAN HAPPEN FOR YOU!
- Start by deciding where it is that you'd like to go. Stop by your local bookstore and pick up a travel magazine.
- Cut out pictures of your dream destination.
- Hang this visual image somewhere where you can see it regularly. The simple act of converting your dream to a visual image has a way of stimulating creative thoughts, and that's what will bring you closer to it becoming a reality.
- Share your dream with someone that you know will support & encourage you, not someone who will discredit your thoughts.
- Take action. If it means you have to make small changes in your life to reach your goal, then do it! But think of the process of fulfilling your dream as an adventure, not a chore.
- Be persistent. There are lots of options as to how you might achieve your goal.....if one doesn't work, go to the next one.
- Be patient. Dreams don't just happen overnight. Never give up.
"Let's go out and let stories happen to us. Let's work them, water them....till they bloom"
-Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Photo by Greg Bajor via flickr