Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Luck, fate & more . . . .

"I'm a survivor. I'm a woman with tremendous inner resources and resilience. I care about people. I believe in 'Do unto others as you would have others do unto you,' and I live by that. I am becoming authentic, and that's important to me. I have surpassed both my parents in terms of emotional stability, happiness and well-being. And I'm a lucky woman. I've deserved my luck."
-Jane Fonda, actress


"I never regret anything. Because every little detail of your life is what made you into who you are in the end."
-Drew Barrymore, actress

"I don't know what to make of fate. I certainly don't think you can predetermine things. It feels like if you go out of your way to try to make something happen, it rarely does. But if you allow for good things to happen, them seem to. I think a lot of that is more perception, you know? A lot of people would take getting rear-ended in their car as an example of why their life continues to be one road block after another, and I think a different person can see that same fender bender and be grateful it wasn't worse. That allows them an opportunity to learn something from it--sort of take some sort of positive element from that. I think if you try to angle your life in those ways, then fate, destiny, karma open itself up to you and allows for more growth."
-Neil Patrick Harris, actor


"I believe luck is preparation meeting opportunity. If you hadn't been prepared when the opportunity came along, you wouldn't have been lucky."
-Oprah Winfrey


"You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness."
-Julia Roberts, actress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams . . .
Follow your heart

Followers

Blog Archive